- Commercially ground coffee (not instant), available pre-ground from most supermarkets or coffee roasters
- Sugar or artificial sweetener, optional
- Milk, optional
- Mix roughly 4 tsp ground coffee with 5-600mL water in a jug
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight
- When ready to serve, filter through a very fine sieve, careful not to disturb the coffee sediment at the bottom of the jug - discard this.
- Serve with ice, milk and sugar to taste
Tip: make a large batch, and leave in the fridge for up to a week for your daily caffeine fix